- In brief
- Project motto, vision, mission, values & objectives
- The Council of Europe's Future Cultural Route
- Association of Local Governments "The Gediminids' Way"
- Czech Rupublic
- Project development chronology
Project motto, vision, mission, values & objectivesOur motto: In varietate concordia, which in Latin means “Unity in diversity”.
Our vision: Creation of a Cultural Route of the Council of Europe based on the cultural and historical heritage of the dynasty of Gediminids – the first Cultural Route initiated in Eastern Europe.
Our mission: Promote the common cultural and historical heritage of the Belarusian, Czech, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Polish, Ukrainian and other peoples that lived in the 13th–15th centuries under the reign of the Gediminids or had direct dynastic links with them; and promote the contribution of these peoples to the making and development of the Pan-European values and identity through the development of a state-of-the-art international tourism product highlighting the theme of the Gediminids' cultural and historical heritage.
Our core values: Peaceful coexistence, cooperation and mutual enrichment of nations; religious and cultural tolerance; pluralism; and historical memory.
- Take advantage of the heightened interest in the heritage of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Rus and Samogitia and its role in the European identity formation, which is generated by the first Lithuanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in the second half of 2013;
- Increase the visibility and appeal of the Gediminids-related sites and destinations on tourism market;
- Increase market capitalization of brands of participating cities, regions and institutions;
- Spur development of the tourism and allied industries in the participating cities, regions and institutions;
- Encourage investment in tourism infrastructure of the participating cities, regions and institutions;
- Create a model for PPP-based cooperation in tourism.