Charter of the Board of Trustees
of the Gediminids' Way Project Board of Trustees
The Gediminids' Way project aims at encouraging the study and popularization of the cultural and historical heritage of the Gediminids’ dynasty on the lands of contemporary Belarus, Lithuania, Poland, and Ukraine by creating and promoting, on national and European travel markets, a same-named trans-border tourism product, which will seek the status of a Cultural Route of the Council of Europe.
The Association of Local Governments "The Gediminids' Way" (hereinafter referred to as the "Association"), founded by the City Councils of Dubno, Izyaslav, Kamyanets-Podilsky, Khotyn, Lutsk, and Ostroh, will implement the project on the part of Ukraine.
Participants in the project also include:
National Reserve "Castles of Ternopil Region";
National Historical & Architectural Reserve "Kamyanets";
State Historical & Cultural Reserve "Ancient Volodymyr" of Volodymyr-Volynsky;
State Historical & Cultural Reserve of the City of Dubno;
State Historical & Cultural Reserve in the City of Lutsk;
State Historical & Cultural Reserve of the City of Ostroh;
State Historical & Cultural Reserve "Medzhybizh";
State Historical & Cultural Reserve "The Khotyn Fortress"; and
Kamyanets-Podilsky State Historical Museum-Reserve.
1. The Gediminids' Way Project Board of Trustees shall be formed of renowned political, public and cultural figures, and socially responsible business people, who share the project's goals and are willing to assist in its implementation.
2. Members of the Board of Trustees shall have the right to familiarize themselves with documents of the Association on its activities, be present at general meetings of the Association, and participate in activities carried out by the Association and/or its partners within the framework of The Gediminids' Way project, as well as shall have consultative voice in all managerial bodies of The Gediminids' Way project.
3. Members of the Board of Trustees shall help the project attain its goals and shall restrain themselves from acts and public utterances that can be to the detriment of attaining these goals.
4. Members of the Board of the Association, as well as heads of other participants in The Gediminids' Way project, shall have the right to initiate invitation of any person to serve on the project's Board of Trustees, provided that such person meets the requirements of section 1 above.
5. In the event a majority of the Board of the Association support the candidate thus nominated, the President of the Association shall approach him or her with an invitation in writing to become a member of the project's Board of Trustees.
6. Members of the Board of Trustees shall have the right to resign from it any time without explanation of reasons, having the President of the Association informed thereof.
7. The Association shall communicate with the Board of Trustees and its individual members through the President and the Executive Director of the Association.